Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Day 2

Those blasted familiars are driving me crazy. I really should have gotten more salamanders instead of switching to these insane little cats. This morning they ran up to the door howling until I got out of my snuggly mage warmed bed to let them in from the fog. They were running from it and hissing at it. The fool things, I tried to tell them it was a meteorological induced fog and entirely inert in a magic sense but they hid under my bed anyway. Undignified behavior for familiars.

They woke me again as soon as I had gotten back to sleep. They wanted to be fed. Insane!!!!! This is the first type of familiar I have ever owned that was too lazy to feed itself. I know they are quite capable, but they act helpless ever since I got the neophyte to train up in magery. I think they are jealous.

Of coarse you know how neophytes are......Helpless.....squalling little bundles of unbridled magical talent, you have to change their diapers, feed them, teach them to talk and hope their toddler language does not encompass any powerful true magical words that could set of your whole laboratory. It is equally alarming when they begin to get teeth and chew on such things as Eye of Newt or Sorcerer's Toes and then belch small accidental spells of a chaotic nature. It is easy to see why so few mages take neophytes into their homes to raise in the ways of magic these days.

No comments: